Job Title: Tools Development Internship
Requisition ID: R015538
Job Description: Tools Development Intern
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver September 2022 The Company:
Activision Central Tech provides software tools and build infrastructure technologies forseveral Activision studios, likeSledgehammer Games,Treyarch, and Infinity Wardfor hit AAA franchises likeCall of Duty.The Studio:
The Vancouver studio is part of a global team headed up from Los Angeles and is housed withDemonwarewhich is awholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
We are a technology-driven company with a commitment to openness. This means collaborating to solve problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much. TO BE CONSIDERED
Please complete our Codility assessment: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Internship-2022/ The Role:
- Help to develop new features and improvements for our world editing tool.
- Working with artists and developers on forward facing art tools and features.
- Fixing and improving current world editor features.
- Working on UI related improvements, bugs, and enhancements.
- Working with GPU pipelines and shaders.
- Working on quality-of-life requests and bugs.
- 8-month work term preferred
- Excellent programming skills
- Working knowledge of Modern C and C++.
- Completed an entry level Computer Graphics course
- A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions
- Be familiar with source control (Perforce preferred)
- Familiarity with UI frameworks such asQtor .NET is a plus
- Basic knowledge/experience with DX11 or DX12.
- Good understanding/experience with modern GPU pipelines
- Worked on a graphics application or game
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and reliable. They should be able toclearly communicate technical concepts in plain English and be comfortable working remotely with support via Zoom and Slack.
Please list any additional experience you have with C/C++ at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
How to Apply
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge
Once you have completed the challenge, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 130 minutes
of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge.Demonware Internship Challenge 2022: