Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Jan 31, 2020Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: As a Tooling Asset Manager for Finning Canada you will provide managerial oversight to the operational and administrative requirements of the Finning Canada Tool Lab. You will play a key role in encompassing the acquisition, maintenance, servicing and disposal of company tooling assets for Canadian Branch Operations.
This role will ensure a consistent, high quality of service to the facilities for tool inspections, calibrations and repair. You will work collaboratively with our Procurement sourcing team to bring new assets into the organization and track their location and calibration needs.
If you bring a strong operational leadership background complimented with knowledge in tool maintenance than we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Tool Lab.
- Leading, demonstrating and championing a healthy and safe work environment ensuring that all safety standards, policies, procedures and compliance requirements are communicated, implemented and followed.
- Conduct safety inspections which include the controls identified on JHA's are being used, the JHA is being updated along with the job progression and new risks are correct to the job progression and have the required controls identified
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled safety meetings
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of staff, including recruitment and selection, orientation, coaching and mentoring, employee engagement, performance feedback and supporting growth and development opportunities.
- Conduct performance conversations and provide regular feedback to technicians
- Monitor and determine manpower availability, work to allocate resources as required and assign additional resources if required
- Develop and maintain customer relations, internal and external to Finning
- Manage tool orders, quotes, suppliers, sourcing, customer interaction and delegation within the admin team
- ISO certification and ensuring compliancy and continuous improvement
- Reporting on the Tool Lab performance/action plans
- Overall management of tooling assets in compliance with Corporate Procurement Tool Policy, in conjunction with tool management software and automation solutions
- Actively participate in operational and corporate meetings providing the current status of progress & supporting process related improvement initiatives
- Promote Finning Safety Culture and be an advocate of company values
- Cultivate innovation through technology in continuous improvements of tooling management software, vending, etc. to drive tooling use accountability, tracking, etc. at branch level
- Minimum 5+ years of people management experience in both union and non-union environments preferably in Operations
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in tool maintenance, repair, calibration and warranty
- HET experience is considered an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of heavy equipment industry
- Knowledge of Winward / tool management software systems
- Accuracy & strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Time management, prioritization & independent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of tooling warranty process & associated standard business practices
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in excel and internal systems
- ISO process management understanding
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.