Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position will be responsible for providing world class service to our customers. We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Ticketed Customer Service Advisor to join our team in Houston. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a relatively autonomous environment leveraging previous mechanical talent to support the management of service process and work orders while providing superior service to our customers in directing technical enquiries.
At Finning, our team is focused on being a trusted advisor to our customers. We are viewed as the experts in the maintenance and service of Caterpillar equipment and work with our customers to understand their needs and provide innovative solutions to real challenges. As a team we are passionate about our business, our equipment and providing superior service to our customers.
This position is located in the community of Houston, British Columbia. Nestled in the beautiful Bulkey Valley, Houston is known for its many outdoor activities including hiking, mountain biking, fishing, snow shoeing, snowmobiling and many other outdoor enthusiast kind of activities. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Accountable for follow Finning's Customer Service Commitment with all customer interactions, delivering prompt, courteous and professional customer service and addressing and resolving all presented issues to customer's satisfaction
- Ensure that all requested service work is done safely and with the appropriate tools, and that hazardous and potentially hazardous situations are identified
- Accountable for all documented standard operating procedures are being adhered to and followed consistently with each job
- Compliance of all service work orders with Finning's Service Operations Process
- Accountable for correct, legible and quality service reports and completed proper work orders and operations.
- Accountable for accurate and timely billing for internal, external and warranty jobs
- Adhering/compiling to the respective communication touch points through the service process (ie customer, PSSRs, etc.)
- Understanding and practice of NSC where required
- Identify hazardous or hazardous situations and take appropriate action with ensure employee safety utilizing the JHA process
- Understanding and comprehension of all safety policies and guidelines
- All safety related training is complete and current
Service Process Management
- Manage customer interactions by responding to coming service, warranty and customer inquiries telephone calls, informing customers of repairs, service reports and estimated time of completion of job in compliance with Finning's Customer Service Commitment.
- Respond and manage all incoming service, warranty and customer inquiries
- Responsible to ensure compliance with service related policies (WO signing, travel, etc.)
- Advises customer on additional options/repairs
- Provide estimate completion date based on identified scope of work and communicate guaranteed completion date
- Responsible for the decision making whether to troubleshoot repair in shop or field
- Finalize and document all information on the customer interview form
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Manage service work orders and job files in compliance with Service Operational Excellence process and procedures, including managing Service Work in Progress (SWIP), creating, maintaining and archiving service work orders and job files.
- Establishes scope of work for the job and compile machine information, warranty, CAT, machine history, product improvement program (PIP) and Product Support Programs (PSP) letters and all technical information required for the job binder
- Requests and receives purchase orders (PO)
- Determine goodwill and warranty requirements and present findings to Customer Service Supervisor
Education & Experience:
- Understanding of Finning policies and procedures (safety, HR, warranty, service process, etc.)
- Understanding of key performance metrics for the role, team and department
- Knowledge of quoting repair options and repair structure and job set up
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, specifically Access, Excel, and Word, Lawson and internal systems
- Understanding of Finning's Customer Service commitment, warranty program, service billing process and procedures, and Finning and Caterpillar warranty processes
- Finning and CAT products, parts and mechanical services, and Sitech technology
- Quoting repair options and repair structure, Service Work In Progress (SWIP) management process and financial impacts, mechanical aptitude and up selling
- Understanding of work task safety requirements and risks
- Ticketed Heavy Equipment Technician
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the desire to learn to support and direct the technical question
- Prior Caterpillar product line, General Line technical and/or Power Systems technical experience
- Prior experience in customer service in equipment, service, parts or warranty and/or Caterpillar dealership experience
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.