Ballard's Product Engineering Department has an opening for a Test Technologist to join the Systems Engineering Platform team supporting the fuel cell balance of plant systems being developed for heavy duty applications. Working in a cross functional product development environment, this position requires an individual to work with Mechanical, Electrical and Test Engineers to develop and evaluate Ballard's fuel cell system products and technologies for motive applications. Responsibilities:
- Generate, maintain, and update engineering documentation, including standard operating procedures, specifications, flow diagrams, and test reports
- Report out to product development team on results and recommendations
- Testing of fuel cell module components
- Testing of fuel cells or fuel cell modules
- Test station commissioning, troubleshooting, and test setup assembly.
- Assisting in the verification of mechanical process systems
- Data review and analysis of fuel cell modules in the Ballard test lab
- Data review and analysis of deployed Ballard fuel cell modules for identification of potential premature failures.
- Test equipment troubleshooting for either mechanical or electrical systems.
- Development and use of advanced diagnostic techniques for evaluation of fuel cell stack & system performance and durability
- Preparation of reports for conformity assessment of product
- Diploma in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience in both an industrial and product development setting.
- Good knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow design and selection of mechanical components is an asset.
- Proven ability to work to time schedule and commitments for deliverables; determine scope of work and plan effectively to meet those commitments.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with your hands.
- Practical experience with mechanical and electrical systems is highly preferable.
- Previous background with fuel cells and/or fuel cell systems is highly preferable.
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Engineering Oil, Gas and Utilities