IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Test Lead to join our client in Vancouver, B.C.
Why work with our client?
- Reputable organization
- Large enterprise projects constantly on the go
- Strong work life balance
- Defines and implements the overall test strategy, test plans, estimates, and schedule. Works effectively with workstream project managers, product vendors, and system integrator to agree on the appropriate test approach to ensure the quality of the solution outcome is understood and known issues are actioned
- Advocates the appropriate level of testing based on quality, timeline, budget, and resource.
- Works with the Manager, Quality Assurance to ensure effective test planning and test execution of the integrated system.
- Selects and follows project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, and tracks metrics for assessing progress.
- Identifies potential areas for improvement in current methodologies.
- Manages and coordinates all testing related activities in multiple concurrent releases focusing on one or multiple domains (i.e. Student, HR, Finance), scheduled upgrades on the cloud platform and point solutions.
- Drives execution of the plan to completion within the agreed timelines.
- Tracks progress and prepare test reports.
- Acts as an escalation point for testing issues related to the releases.
- Works together with the product vendor and workstreams to confirm the stability of the various environments. (e.g. coordinate smoke tests)
- Assesses testing readiness prior to the start of the Testing stage.
- Ensures traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Provides empirical data (e.g. test results, defect metrics) to support deployment readiness assessment go/no-go decision.
- Works with the Manager, Quality Assurance and Program Risk Analyst on addressing quality issues and risks mitigations.
- Conducts regular testing status reviews with AEP Senior Management at required quality checkpoints.
- Balances workload provides technical and analytical guidance in testing.
- Creates Test Cases as needed.
- Assesses the progress and effectiveness of the test effort.
Top Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline. Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Technology Management, or other relevant program preferred.
- Certifications in one or more of the following are an asset: related test management or testing certifications (ISTQB, ASQ, PMI-RMP, Six Sigma).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience with applications and the business requirements supporting them. Project Management experience is an asset.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (such as: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.