Ekona Power is a Vancouver-based breakthrough energy technology company developing a novel methane pyrolysis platform for low-cost, clean hydrogen production. We believe this technology will have a significant and positive impact in a world trying to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and address Climate Change. You will be comfortable working in a start-up environment and have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, working out of our North Burnaby facility.
Along with our innovative technology, we are creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment where your ideas and input count. Ekona offers a flexible work schedule and benefits that include wellness for employees and their families.
You will support prototype and integrated system development and design validation as part of our dedicated team supporting our Pulsed Methane Pyrolysis (PMP) process development and validation.
- Develop test plans and design of experiments to characterize and validate systems and sub-components performance.
- Work through all stages of design verification planning and reporting (DVP&R)
- Support the design of detailed test system including piping, electrical, instrumentation and SCADA systems.
- Design and build test infrastructure, including test frames, fixtures and mechanical structures.
- Support the design and implementation of lab/test system facility interfaces.
- Develop test safety processes and standard operating procedures.
- Operate test equipment and execute test plans.
- Support the development and management of large test data sets.
- Analyze test data and develop focused and timely test reports.
- Support a multi-disciplinary design team in many areas of engineering and technology validation.
- Support the growth of a larger test function within the organization.
- Education such as a technology or engineering related degree or diploma
- Experience with 3D CAD (CREO: formerly ProEngineer) or equivalent; instrumentation, wiring and lab control systems as well as MS Office products; data analysis and data management tools such as databases and scripting (Python, MATLAB)
- Hands-on experience with high-pressure piping and fittings; fabrication; and high pressure, high-temperature chemical processes
- 5+ years of experience with technology development and/or testing
- Strong communication abilities: both written and verbal