Contract Test Data Management (TDM) implementation consultant on a high-profile project with a global retail success story.
- 3m contract to start with a chance of going permanent
- Global retail success story located in great offices downtown
- Very high profile project
What & Why:
Due to massive investment in technology our client is embarking on a high profile project. One of the key goals for this project is to build a TDM capability (process, people, technology). In parallel work-streams, managed by others, they are building new integrated end-to-end QA test environments and test data management processes and practices. Collectively, these initiatives are aimed at enhancing our overall ability to enable more parallel software release activities in support of significant organizational growth and goals.
You will design, build, pilot and implement test environment management capabilities, covering such elements such as data extraction and sub-setting from production or DR DBs, manual data obfuscation and data load to test environments. In this first phase, they are not considering TDM tool implementation – however, this may well come up in a later phase. The TDM will work with a wide array of organizational stakeholders and technical teams across multiple IT domains in the organization. It is therefore important that any candidate is well versed in collating requirements and input from many parties as well as influence and communicate to a diverse audience of IT professionals at different levels.
Our client is a global retail leader and a true Vancouver success story. They are known for their work life balance and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle. 2018 was one of their most successful years in their 20-year history which has led to them embarking on a number of large scale global growth initiatives for 2019. They are located close to rapid transit downtown.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Good understanding of data: data models, data types, transactional vs. reference etc.
- Some understanding of TDM tools and key functionalities such as: Data Creation/Sub setting/Cloning, Data Obfuscation, DevOps Integration, Self-service test data provisioning.
- Understanding of and some exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure (MA).
- Good understanding of SDLC and test methodologies.
- Process design and implementation.
- Interpersonal communication verbal/written.
- Experience in medium-to-large enterprise IT organizations.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.