We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. About the role
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you'll be working on our Platform Migration team at the Digital Factory. You'll work closely with multiple scrum teams to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You'll contribute to highly applauded in house automation frameworks for UI, Microservices and Performance test. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- You have an experience developing test automation frameworks in Java, python or React JS
- You have written moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems.
- Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable the continuous testing in a DevOps environment
- Developing code to automate the testing (Unit/ Integration) of micro services (Rest APIs) and ensuring the adequate test coverage of the application code
- Partner with development engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional and performance characteristics of a feature
- Building, maintaining, and improving the existing automation framework, test harness, and processes
- Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
- Working with Engineering team Management to improve the testing process
- Understanding of enterprise software design principles - architecture, design patterns, OOP
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
What's in it for you?
- Good knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE - at least 3 years
- Good knowledge and experience in Spring Boot - at least 2 years
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
- Strong experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured - at least 2 years
- Experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
- Familiarity with OpenAPI Specification(OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
- Knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
- Exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
- Nice to have: experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Testing, Test Engineer, Developer, Java, Information Technology, Technology, Engineering