Kal Tire is Canada's largest independent tire dealer and one of North America's largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 10 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire's Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, operating on more than 150 mine sites across 18 countries and five continents. The company employs more than 6,500 team members globally.
The Telecommunications Coordinator
works with Telecom Service Providers, and Kal Tire team members to optimize the use of Kal Tire's telecommunications service plans and contracts related to mobile devices, internet service providers and telecommunications systems. They also ensure accuracy in telecommunications record-keeping and billing.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Mobile Device Management
- Manages the procurement, of mobile devices and telecom services plans for team members based on Kal Tire's mobile device policies.
- Manages the inventory of Kal Tire mobile devices and telecom services plans that are not being used and redeploys existing assets from inventory as required.
- Analyzes telecom services billing and usage, produces management reports and recommends changes to telecom services to optimize cost or efficiency.
- Coordinates the movement of mobile devices onto different service plans based on team member travel or team member data or voice requirements.
- Ensure that billing takes place for mobile devices purchased by Kal Tire team members when they chose to upgrade beyond the standard.
- Administers the Kal Tire Mobile Device Upgrade and Early Replacement programs in accordance with Kal Tire policies.
- Keeps Kal Tire's mobile device catalog up to date with models, pricing and plans.
Locations - Voice, Data and Telephone Systems
- Coordinates Internet service and telephony procurement and installation for store upgrades, moves, acquisitions, renovations and new store openings. Ensures that phone systems, telecommunications and network lines and devices are received on time.
- Establishes and maintains and accurate asset register for all telecommunications equipment at locations.
- Establishes and maintains and accurate asset register for all network and telephone circuits
- Authorizes and coordinates service calls, schedules appointments between service providers, vendors, and locations requesting installation or experiencing issues; and verifies problem resolution with locations and team members.
- Adheres to the Incident, Service Request and Change Processes used by the IS department and uses the Kal Tire Telecom email address and mailbox when working with Vendors and team members during these processes and other communication.
- Ensure Telecom related processes are created and maintained. Participates in the execution of said processes.
- Coordinates a quarterly review of Kal Tire Policies related to Mobile Devices and Telecommunications.
- Maintain list of contact information, (available to other teams) for each of the Telecom and ISP Vendors we deal with.
- May participate in a coordinator capacity on various IS projects related to the Telecom role.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationship with all partners and vendors and proactively works with them to identify new service options and costs saving opportunities.
- Maintains lists of key contacts and escalation process for partners and vendors.
- Proactively escalates issues with other IS Teams, partners and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working in a medium to large enterprise department with complex technology environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills with an eye for details.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent activities involving team members and external service providers.
- Advanced working knowledge of business applications like Microsoft Office
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Limited travel within Canada.
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.