As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, the Telecommunications Analyst is primarily responsible for the provision, management and support of all Telecoms assets for BCEHS, including providing analysis on Telecoms asset costing. The Telecoms Asset Analyst works with multiple vendors to provide Cellular, Satellite, Pager, Wired Landline and VOIP communication services to BCEHS staff. The Telecommunications Analyst supports a diverse clientele, providing unscripted first and second level troubleshooting that also present geographical challenges or limitations and often includes issues that are in urgent need for resolution.What you'll do
Provides first and second-level problem resolution for BCEHS Telecommunication users across the Province of British Columbia by monitoring incident tracking system and resolves tickets at the tier 1 and 2 level; identifying and categorizing alerts into bugs or enhancements; works with users to identify specific internal or external processes and options for resolution; analyzing and documenting problems details; compiling incident assessments on functional problems or recurring issues for maintenance scheduling.
What you bring Education, Training and Experience
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the acquisition of cellular, satellite, pager, landline and VOIP devices available through multiple vendors in support of all BCEHS users.
- Acquire, establish and maintains an inventory of Telecoms assets so as to be able to immediately respond to requests.
- Delivers remote technical support and problem solving. Investigates and resolves hardware and software issues and problems related to existing systems and applications according to established procedures
- Local and Remote support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Handles break/fix, equipment loss, configuration issues, troubleshooting, software installations, hardware repair (including in-house repair or coordinating depot services).
- Designs, develops and documents technical support materials, such as end user instructional material on use of new technology.
- Conducts testing of application deployments when required to ensure quality assurance of end product, including unit testing and systems integration
- Proactively researches and evaluates various Telecommunication solutions; recommends new/ revised service delivery options, technologies, products and services to ensure BCEHS' initiatives are aligned with current best practices, technological trends and upgradeable for future needs.
- Provides clients and departments with different options for equipment, service delivery and cost efficiencies according to user needs and requirements.
- Liaises/follow up with vendors to ensure issues are resolved.
- Participates in Projects, helping to gather requirements, creating and documenting processes, testing and implementing
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized two year computer systems technology diploma program plus two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Skills and Abilities
• Ability to type.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Interested applicants please go to: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/saanichton/telecommunications-analyst/909/27214948144
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Wage: $33.91/hour + benefits (health and dental, pension and vacation)
Location: Block C 2261 Keating Cross Road, Saanichton, V8M 2A5
Hours of Work: 0740-1630, Monday through Friday
Requisition # 123730EWhat we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level