Technology Security Analyst (Senior Systems Administrator)
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated. The Business Technology (BT) team provides the technology to deliver great Lottery, Casino and Sports experiences for our players across bricks & mortar and digital channels.
Join us on our journey to becoming a player-centric organization that leverages innovative technology to power our business. You'll get to work with smart, talented people who value inclusion, flexibility, and work life balance but who also take our work to generate annual revenue for our province seriously. Working in BT means you'll have a large, positive impact while working with systems at scale.
But this isn't just about us, it's about you too! We pride ourselves on providing opportunities for learning, growing, and development, with a total compensation package that provides great work life perks and a pension that is second to none. It's a win-win!
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose, we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships - in the most important sense of life, livelihood, meaning, and well-being - nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead.
This is a hybrid remote/office opportunity. Job Summary:
The Technology Security Analyst role builds and supports programs, processes, and applications that secure and protect BCLC technology and information assets in accordance to Cyber Security Policies. This role is responsible for improving and sustaining BCLC's technology and information security posture, supporting projects and business operations by identifying technology and information security risks and recommending appropriate security controls. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Maintains security platforms including Identity and Access Management, End Point Protection, Systems Configuration Management, Deployment Management, and Vulnerability Management systems.
- Performs, documents, and automates processes related to Identity and Access Management, Patch Management, End Point Protection, and vulnerability management.
- Participates in projects as a technical security subject-matter expert, analyzing solutions, processes & infrastructure, and recommending appropriate technical security controls.
- Coordinates technical security activities with business stakeholders, providing information to security governance.
- Provides technical security expertise and support to BCLC's Agile delivery teams.
- Supports the day-to-day security monitoring of the integrity of systems and infrastructure components.
- Conducts and supports vulnerability management activities.
- Analyzes and identifies information security trends.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Provides information on system configurations, accounts and information security practices to auditors and regulators.
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in computing or equivalent in a related discipline;
- CISSP or CISM certification preferred;
- 3-5 years progressive experience in technology and information security;
- Experience in managing and maintaining at least one of the following platforms: OneIdentity Active Roles Server, PingIdentity MFA and SSO products, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Palo Alto Traps, Entrust mPKI;
- Experience with Security Incident Response considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Technical security skills (Application and OS hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, networking, IDS, firewalls, privileged identity management, etc.);
- Excellent ability to collaborate and manage relationships at all levels with customers, leaders, contractors and team members to effect change;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write reports and document procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Deep understanding of information security risk management, controls and compliance;
- Experience with security tools, such as SIEM, file integrity monitoring and database monitoring;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- General business acumen;
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: www.corporate.bclc.com
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.