Kal-West Mechanical Systems Inc.
Job Title – Technologist
Job Type – Full-Time
Location – Kelowna, BC
Medical and Dental
Health Spend Account
Education Reimbursement Program
Salary - $50–$75K a year based on experience and qualifications.
Full job description
Kal-West Mechanical Systems is a plumbing and heating contractor located in Kelowna, BC. We offer full mechanical installations on commercial, multi-family residential, and institutional projects in the Okanagan. Over the past 35 years, we have been involved in some of Kelowna’s most prominent projects, such as the Delta Grand, Landmark Towers, UBCO Commons, and UBCO Skeena Residence.
As we plan for continued growth, we are seeking a full-time technologist to join our project management and field operations group.
Why join Kal-West Mechanical?
- collaborative work environment with an amazing staff
- well-established local contractor, founded in 1987
- Work with Kelowna’s most prominent developers and organizations.
- comprehensive benefit package
- locally owned by field and office staff members
- A hybrid model will allow you to work both in an office and from home.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- 3D modelling for mechanical and plumbing installations (assistance from project superintendents will be provided.)
- Provide spool drawings for shop fabrication. (Detail material take-offs for purchasing will be included.)
- Work with the estimator and project manager on design-assist projects.
- Assist with drawing review at the tender stage to help identify design shortfalls and missing scope.
- Provide basic technical support to office staff.
- Assist with the implementation of digital project management systems.
- Input digital files into surveying equipment for deck layouts, canning, and other purposes.
- Periodically visit job sites for reviews with site superintendents and customers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- First and foremost, a positive and collaborative attitude
- ability to communicate efficiently with consultants, project managers, and field superintendents.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Revit, AutoCAD, or a similar program
- Experience working for a mechanical contractor or a mechanical engineering firm for at least three (3) years is required.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical systems
- ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Basic Microsoft skills
- Field experience is not essential but would be an asset.
- ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively.
- deadline- and detail-oriented.
- self-motivated and able to work independently.
Please submit a cover letter and resume listing three references with contact information and attaching all current relevant certificates to:
Closing date for applications: until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; all suitable candidates will be contacted with the results of their application.
Software and Programming Construction, Mining and Trades Operations and Logistics