Job Description Summary
The Technician, Assembly and Labeling will work as part of the Assembly and Labeling Team to ensure that all work orders are completed each day. The Technician will be cross trained across all functional tasks, and will be assigned varying tasks each day depending on the work to be completed. The technician will participate in ensuring that the highest quality standards are met with each work order, and will participate in continuous improvement and other team and corporate initiatives.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, label and /or package product components, in-process materials and finished goods.
- Transfer materials to and from the cold environment storage (cooler and freezer) regularly.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure that product specification and tolerance levels are met.
- Ensure that product quality requirements are always met.
- Identify, set up and operate applicable equipment
- Provides feedback or actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives related to the operation
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure products specifications and tolerance levels are met
- Follow all warehouse and functional specific safety policies and requirements.
- Participate in 5S activities within.
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions. Participate in troubleshooting and improvement projects.
- Occasional shift work may be required to meet Manufacturing demand.
- A high school diploma, with up to 3 years of experience in product assembly, packaging and dispensing or equivalent education and experience
- Physical ability to lift 25 - 30 pounds, requiring manual dexterity and versatility.
- Knowledgeable on quality systems such as ISO 13485. cGMP experience a definite asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others and be able to work in a team
- Ability to follow written instructions, standard operating procedures, and pre-defined guidelines to execute and perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrate attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work in a cold room for a period of time
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment
- Shift work and overtime may be required.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Manufacturing and Production