Technical Writer 3 (CARD2493)
Reference ID: %7B02244B8C-C962-4A63-9D4B-EA64C60FBFB2%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
In this age of "data overload", it's more critical than ever to communicate technical information in a streamlined and clear manner -- and using the latest technologies.
Fortinet is looking for a seasoned Technical Writer to join our team in Burnaby focussing on FortiGuard products and technologies. The successful candidate will create technical documentation and communication tools to enhance knowledge transfer for the FortiGuard products, primarily for new software releases and features.
You must have outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and an interest in the single-sourcing content. You must also possess the ability to document features by reading specifications, talking to subject matter experts and using the software.
The successful candidate will:
* Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios
* Document & publish user guides, reference materials and use case scenarios for new product releases.
* Write white papers, conceptual & procedural content
* Use images and videos to supplement descriptive content, and deliver a user experience aligned with how customers want to consume the content.
* Experience working in a software development environment.
* Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English.
* Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage.
* Experience using some or all of the following software: MadCap Flare, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
* BA or BS degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, English, or a related field.
* A strong understanding of cyber security concepts is highly desirable.
Posted: April 16, 2019
Closes: June 15, 2019