Technical Writer 2 (CARD2485)
Reference ID: %7BD98DB120-CA64-47B9-98FC-31B6F5DF6837%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
In this age of "data overload", it's more critical than ever to communicate technical information in a streamlined and clear manner -- and using the latest technologies.
Fortinet is looking for an Intermediate Level Technical Writer to join our team in Burnaby. Embedded within the New Product Introduction team, the successful candidate will create collaterals, packaging materials, quick start guides, and other contents which are shipped with the product.
You must have outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and a passion for creating a unique "unboxing" experience. You must also possess the ability to document features by reading specifications, talking to subject matter experts and using the products.
The successful candidate will:
* Work closely with Project Managers, Developers, QA, Hardware Engineers, and others to understand new products, use cases, and customer scenarios
* Document & publish quick start guides, setup guides, reference materials, and marketing collaterals for new product releases.
* Write conceptual & procedural content
* Use image, video, or physical elements to supplement traditional contents.
* Experience working in an Engineering development environment
* Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English
* Experience and interest in graphic design
* Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage
* Experience using some or all of the following software: MadCap Flare, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
* BA or BS degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, English, or a related field
* A strong understanding of networking or network security concepts is highly desirable
Posted: January 20, 2019
Closes: March 21, 2019