Technical Writer 2 (CARD2484)
Reference ID: %7BA93244C6-8923-438E-A13A-D0EE7185B164%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for an Intermediate Level Technical Writer to join our team in Burnaby focussing on the core product families. The successful candidate will create technical documentation and communication tools to enhance knowledge transfer for the core products, primarily for new software releases and features.
You must have outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and an interest in single-sourcing content. You must also possess the ability to document features by reading specifications, talking to subject matter experts, and using the software.
The successful candidate will:
* Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
* Document & publish user guides, reference materials, and use case scenarios for new product releases.
* Write conceptual & procedural content.
* Use images to supplement descriptive content, and deliver a user experience aligned with how customers want to consume the content.
* Experience working in a software development environment
* Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English
* Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage
* Experience using some or all of the following software: MadCap Flare, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
* BA or BS degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, English, or a related field
* A strong understanding of networking or network security concepts is highly desirable
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019