Technical Writer 2 (CARD2468)
Reference ID: %7B7B8D9B07-1EF1-4278-B361-B853197F23F0%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
In this age of "data overload", it's more critical than ever to communicate technical information in a streamlined and clear manner -- and using the latest technologies.
Fortinet is looking for an Intermediate Level Technical writer to join our FortiOS team based in Burnaby. Embedded within the WebUI and UX team, the successful candidate will create technical documentation and communication tools which are aligned to meet the primary needs and usage patterns of our customers.
You must have outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and an interest in the single-sourcing content. You must also possess the ability to document features by reading specifications, talking to subject matter experts and using the software.
A successful candidate would be contributing to several different areas including:
* Develop and maintain in-product documentation, including embedded help, wizard-based tools, upgrade guides, release notes, Context-sensitive help, etc.
* Github docs, 3rd party marketplace docs (AWS, Azure, etc.), Tech docs "use cases", UX for different products UI
* Experience working in a software development environment
* Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English
* Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage
* Experience using some or all of the following software: MadCap Flare, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
* BA or BS degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, English, or a related field
Posted: November 18, 2018
Closes: January 17, 2019