Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment.What to expect as Elastic Path's Technical Trainer?
This is not your typical trainer job. We want a trainer with an aptitude for technology and a willingness to develop your skills in order to bring experience and war stories into the classroom to teach others the skills and product knowledge needed to be successful software developers on Elastic Path commerce projects.
Join our Education team where you will work with the latest technologies and be an active participant in growing our online community and continually develop and improve our certification and training programs. We are looking for self-motivated, candidates with a passion for teaching technology and a desire to succeed. In return, Elastic Path will work with you on putting together and support you in developing your own skills where necessary. You must be a problem-solver at heart, patient, and an excellent communicator willing to scale technical education to new heights at Elastic Path.Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away. What impact will you have?
- Your work will drive the groundswell of advocacy among our developer community through high-value developer focused instruction
- Decrease go to market skills development time through relentless improvement to course content and quality
- Help us to scale our outreach to our internal and external (Customer and Partner) groups with your forward-looking view of modernizing instructional techniques and technologies
- Enable our developer community to initiate or maintain their skills with self-serve education services such as a Certification Program
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Instructional experience
- Experience developing enterprise level training programs for both in-house and external customers using blended training methods
- Knowledge of E-learning strategies and methodologies
- Background in Computer Science
- Ability to travel to client sites as required (can be 25-50%)
Bonus points awarded for:
- Some formal instruction training, certificate or degree
- Commerce background
- Java related technologies experience
- Experience and willingness with other technologies:
- Web application servers
- Enterprise databases, version control and cloud services like AWS
- Ability to contribute and help execute ideas to an evolving business
- Ability to understand company business context and apply it to Education related process and decisions
- Having a sense of humor and a desire to make work fun!
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits and have a menu of offerings that are highly competitive wherever you may be located.An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.Apply Now!