Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer 2 (Maternity Leave Cover) to join our Burnaby office to provide exceptional customer service and technical help for our loyal customers.
The candidate would join our support team that specializes on two of Fortinet's Centralized Management Solutions:
FortiAnalyzer -- Centralized Logging & Reporting
FortiManager -- Centralized Configuration Management
The engineer will also interface with our QA and software development team to solve customer problems and identify bugs through replication and testing. Wherever possible, the products supported will be actively promoted while looking out for ways that Fortinet can improve both products and documentation.
The ideal candidate is not only technical, but also energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our products. This is a great opportunity to learn all aspects of the products that we support in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security. Job Responsibilities:
Job Experience Required:
- Provide direct technical web and telephone support
- Ensure that reported issues are well understood and the needed information is collected
- Troubleshoot FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager
- Recommend corrective actions based on analysis of collected information
- Provide Customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge etc.
- Consult technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
- Reproduce customer environments using lab equipment and report bugs
- Recommend alternative solutions or workarounds
- Manage cases until case closure, taking the initiative to follow up internally as required to obtain changes or solutions needed to resolve the customer's issue
- Manage customer communications and expectations until the closure of each case
- Provide knowledge transfer to peer engineers
Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset:
- 4+ years' experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Experience with security products (especially firewalls and VPN gateways)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Deep working knowledge of Windows, UNIX or Linux
- Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable
- Strong English skills both written and verbal
- Centralized Configuration Management Tools
- SQL database
- VM Environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is desirable
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019