Company: Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: In this Technical Support Analyst role for Finning International, you will be responsible for providing onsite tier 2/3 technical assistance for all aspects of Desktop and Mobility Services at our Great Northern Way office in Vancouver, BC.
You will be providing key support to senior leaders to solve complex support issues, coordinate and oversee hardware and software upgrades. In addition to providing an elevated level of support to on-site users, you'll help resolve incidents for users worldwide using our ServiceNow platform.
You are known to be a self-starter and able to collaborate with a multitude of departments and individuals. You are organized, willing to learn and have a passion for technology. You are also known to be a professional, well-spoken individual that provides exceptional customer service. You thrive and work well in an extremely busy environment.
If this sounds in line with your experience, we want to hear from you today!
- Provide tier 2/3 technical support for PC hardware, Printers, A/V technology, mobility devices and desktop software for on-site users and senior leaders
- Provide technical expertise and support for desktop related projects
- Implementation and coordination of hardware and software enhancements and upgrades
- 'Smart hands' support for provisioning and supporting of all related IT technologies in regional branches
- Management of IT assets and assistance with the asset refresh process
- Investigating and recommending technical solutions
- Compiling knowledgebase documentation and training material
- Work with other IT teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentiality
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline and certification in Information Technology
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in IT support in a medium to larger complex organization
- Technical knowledge of PC hardware and related technology, Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems setup, configuration, patching and updating
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10 deployment and support best practices
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Office Suite of products with a solid understanding of the deployment and support requirements
- Knowledge of iOS, mobility, MDM and related technology
- Solid understanding of A/V and conferencing technology (Crestron, Polycom, MS Teams)
- Understanding of change control and change management processes related to IT
- Knowledge of device encryption technology, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-malware software technologies
- Basic understanding of network technologies
- Basic knowledge of Wi-Fi and cellular network technology
- MCSE and MCSA would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Concise and clear written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt to the needs of specific audiences
- Solid time management, planning and prioritization skills, with an ability to manage multiple task and priorities concurrently
- Ability to continue to learn and develop
- Flexibility to work varying office hours due to the nature of the role providing technology support
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.