About the Job - Essential Job Functions and Tasks
We are seeking a bright, dynamic ‘junior’ software developer to join our technical support team. Web development knowledge and experience are strong assets! The tools we develop are used by programmers, so you must possess (or quickly acquire!) a wide range of programming and troubleshooting skills focused primarily on web development.
* You have very strong communication skills.
* You are very organized and ‘get things done’.
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* You have a solid grasp of relational database concepts.
* Effective written and verbal communication.
Bonus having experience in:
* c++, c#, Java, Node, Selenium, Jira, Salesforce, IBM i
You should have post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Assist software and web developers via telephone and email.
* Diagnose complex programming problems.
* Respond to support inquiries via phone, chat, email, and our ticket system.
* Work on in-house development projects.
* Develop knowledge base articles to aid in the support of our customers.
* Develop 'proof of concept' applications.
* Assist developers with design decisions.
* Provide creative alternatives to meet customers needs.
* Diagnose and fix problems with our own software products.
* Contribute to web application projects with our professional services team.
* Assist with product QA.
We are the authors of a suite of web development, modernization and document distribution tools primarily targeted at the IBM i. Our software products have won numerous industry awards and are licensed by over 2000 companies worldwide, including many Fortune 500 companies. From our two offices in Sidney, BC we also provide support and professional services for customers across the world. Excel Systems Software Development is part of the Fresche group of companies, with offices and sister companies in Sidney, Asheville, Boston, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, Lucknow, Melbourne and Montreal. Our partnerships and international dealer network have enabled Excel Systems Software to become a leader in the IBM midrange marketplace.
With us you'll work with other bright people in an informal environment that helps you develop technically and personally. You'll get paid competitively and enjoy our healthy perspective on balancing work with the rest of our lives. Most of our people stick with us for the long haul; when you get to know us, you'll see why!
Connect with employer:
About Fresche Solutions Inc.
We are the authors of a suite of web development, modernization and document distribution tools primarily targeted at the IBM i. Our software products have won numerous industry awards and are lice...