Closing Date: May 6, 2022 Duration:
The Technical Solution Architect - Processing (contract) at RACE is responsible for architectural decisions for the data-intensive applications we build. They value simplicity and have the courage to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve agile design. Our applications are built on the Azure cloud platform, and while we use a variety of data and application engineering technologies including Python, Spark, sklearn, Node.js and React, the Technical Solution Architect - Processing (contract) will work with the team to choose the best new or incumbent tools for the job from a whole-lifecycle perspective.
The Technical Solution Architect - Processing (contract) leads collaboration to craft and build a modular & scalable solution that is evolutionary in nature. They drive the team's development practices so as to improve quality and performance through standard methodologies in IaC, TDD, CI/CD, peer reviews and metric driven monitoring of deliverables. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and advocate for safe environments in all their forms
- Design new and improve upon existing architectures for data pipelines, data analytics and dashboards
- Guide multiple squads on technology strategy and architect to enable easy squad interactions
- Work with software development leadership to implementing software development practices for higher code quality
- Share responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components
- Work with developers to define clear interfaces and bounded contexts for their efforts
- Mentor the development squads through design reviews, skill sharing, and productive feedback
- Challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of solving technical problems
- Experienced in the design and implementation of data-intensive analytics solutions
- Experienced with solutions for streaming data from IoT devices
- Eager to step up into a more challenging role and architect solutions spanning several squads
- Ability to scan code written in various languages including: Terraform, Python, Node.js, SQL, KQL, etc. in order to gain a sense of what the code is striving to achieve
- Deeply in touch with architectural best practices, be able to spot divergences from these and be ready to coach developers on how they may adjust for better outcomes
- Acute awareness of and ability to champion current best practices in diverse technologies including containerization, microservices, event driven design, evolutionary architecture, data contracts, and similar
- Ability to lead architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Extensive experience as a software developer on Agile teams
- Strong communication skills with ability to align organization on sophisticated decisions
- Technological adventurer, exploring new solutions outside standard approved approaches
- Embraces a culture of trust and transparency
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Developer, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Technology, Energy, Mining