At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 380 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
To learn more about Microserve, click here.
Microserve is looking for a Technical Services, Team lead to join our growing team in Burnaby, BC. Reporting directly to the Manager of Print Services, the Technical Services, Team Lead will manage a team of technicians to meet the service requirements of the customer base in the assigned lower mainland region. They will also be the escalation point of contact for dedicated customers as a part of our managed print services.
The ideal candidate should be able to implement new ideas and solutions successfully to improve the performance of our existing team and provide best in class support to our customers. In this central function, you work as Team Lead to take on an important function for all operational service tasks and communications with internal and external stakeholders and jump in to support hands-on when required.
- Manage service calls between technicians across a geographic area to meet SLAs
- Perform full diagnosis on any service tickets of copiers, printers and MFD’s raised by our remote technicians and clients and be able to assist them over the phone – hands-on training will be provided
- Use basic information about the customer to anticipate their needs and develop and implement technical solutions
- Planning and conducting operational meetings with customers
- Implementation of measures to ensure high service performance and customer satisfaction
- Communicate clearly and confidently with the customers and internal specialist departments both written and orally as required
- Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic printer repairs within the lower mainland
- Analysis of customer performance and implementation of measures for continuous improvement
- Direct the day-to-day work duties of your team
- Provide coaching and mentoring of your team with direct support from the Print Services Manager
- Minimum 3 years Team Lead experience within the IT services industry
- College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification preferred
- Practical hands-on experience repairing computers, printers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired
- Experience as a technician in an on-site break-fix role is considered an asset
- Understands electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours if necessary (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
- MS Office knowledge and experience (Excel, Visio, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to build trusting relationships both internally and externally
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must have High School Diploma / GED
- Must have a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record