Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North American Retail Expansion (NARX) team.
If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. We're the Mexico & Canada development team. We own the code that delivers great customer experiences for https://www.amazon.com.mx/and http://www.amazon.ca/ and we're growing!
We're seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager for the NARX team. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions for new features, verticals, and markets. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical and program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in supply chain technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
In this role you will:
• Drive execution of projects
• Provide technical direction with limited assistance
• Lead cross functional project meetings
• Lead milestone reviews
• Present project status to the executive team
• Manage project builds globallyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of Engineering Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with delivering high volume consumer electronics
• Experience with managing the introduction of new technologies
• Experience in coordinating cross functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
• Knowledge of hardware and software development process and lifecyclesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, UX, Product Management, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Solid foundation in new product introduction to be able to understand inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered projects
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
Management and Executive