Can you run large cross-team projects? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture with development teams? Do you want to take the best e-commerce platform in the world to the next level? Amazon's Tax Software department needs a Technical Program Manager (TPM) with a strong business focus and technical acumen to grow the business of the Amazon e-commerce platform.
With thousands of discrete applications running in a distributed environment, Amazon continues to push the limit of Service Oriented Architecture. Amazon's Tax Platform is driving key innovations in this arena; it's our job to make sure that all these applications come together to form a platform upon which developers can build e-commerce websites. The Tax Platform's engine powers not only Amazon's nine global retail websites, but it also powers Kindle, Enterprise partner websites and many more applications.
This TPM role's scope includes defining strategy and requirements, and leading cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* 5+ years of experience, with at least 1-3 years of project management experience
* Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well across functional groups, and influence and get things donePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualified candidates have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Management and Executive