Technical Program Manager
Job ID GRDV422 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
Global Relay requires an experienced Technical Program Manager (“TPM”) to assume ownership of specific components/features of Global Relay's Common Platform. They will work closely with their agile team(s), other TPMs, and product management to deliver on the product roadmap, driving new products and features through the development process.
Using input from product management, the TPM will define detailed requirements and acceptance criteria for specific features, and collaborate with their team leads, architects, and UI/UX to ensure high quality designs are produced. The TPM will also attend daily stand-ups, groom their team's backlog, plan sprints, accept completed stories, monitor progress, report status, and be involved in key release activities including documentation and training. Role Responsibilities:
Working in a dynamic team environment, the TPM is responsible for:
- Owning the up and down responsibility for the delivery of their component/feature
- Translating product roadmaps and feature requests into models, workflow diagrams, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other suitable artifacts
- Collaborating with other TPMs, architects, UI/UX, and team leads to drive requirements through the design phase
- Identifying and coordinating cross-component dependencies throughout the development process
- Working with product management, development, and other departments to actively remove obstacles blocking progress and ensure program is within schedule
- Prioritizing and grooming their team(s) backlog
- Attending daily stand-ups with your product manager and other TPMs in your product team
- Attending daily stand-ups, grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives and other team meetings with your agile team(s)
- Creating work estimates, tracking progress, and reporting status in the form of burn up/down charts
- Supporting product management, marketing, sales, professional services, training, and technical support throughout the release process with training, documentation, announcements, and other release activities
- Understanding the design, business logic, and technical architecture of their platform components and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Serving as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the components for which you are responsible
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical program/product management
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with a SaaS, messaging, or enterprise software company
- Experience drive cross-team initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, and documentation skills
- Experience planning, monitoring, and reporting on project status
- Experience as a software developer/engineer
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: November 15, 2018
Closes: January 14, 2019