Technical Program Management, Digital Royalty Services
Does engaging across all Amazon Digital Businesses on large scale programs that impact all of Amazon's Customers around the world excite you? The Digital Royalties Services team is recruiting for a Technical Program Manager to work on company-wide programs to define and drive execution of key initiatives while ensuring we do so in an efficiency and cost effective manner. You will provide technical direction for global teams focused on providing Amazon customers with Digital experiences to world-class excellence. You will be responsible for driving large-scale initiatives to continuously improve customer experience.
As a TPM you will be responsible to
(1) drive large scale customer impacting programs
(2) innovate, pitch and refine ideas to engineering leaders and executives and
(3) develop roadmaps for large and complicated scalable architectural changes and drive them to delivery.
You will work with several business and core technical teams to understand specific business needs, assist in the technical design of processes and technical solutions, innovate new features, and then work with engineering teams to deliver them on an aggressive schedule.
As part of program management, you will also assess risk, develop risk mitigation plans, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, manage issue escalation, and make tradeoffs balancing the business needs versus technical concerns and compliance requirements.
A successful candidate will have an established track record in customer facing, cross-functional program initiatives, have broad and deep technical knowledge, have demonstrated problem solving skills, excellent schedule/delivery management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced collaborative environment. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to quickly earn trust with the teams they engage with, foster a positive program environment, and come to each discussion, deliverable, and issue with a "can do" attitude.
• Program management of large scale complex initiatives through the entire development life cycle; planning, execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
• Provide leadership and support for multiple engineering teams operating. Engage the engineering teams and TPMs of various organizations to ensure that their iterations on design and development enable delivery by needed deadlines.
• Work closely with business engineering teams to ensure business needs are met without compromising long term platform health and evolution.
• Facilitate roadmap development across the multiple engineering teams and help shape the overall vision to build cost effective solutions software solutions that suitable for Amazon scale.
• Facilitate launch planning across multiple teams to bring the project end points along multiple work streams into a single timeline to meet compliance readiness dates
• Coordinate with TPMs/PMs from tech work streams to ensure that technical and non-technical plans and initiatives are coordinated and achieve the goals of business needs without impacting the performance of the business teams.
To learn more about our team, check out this short animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd8I1xMeTT8BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 2+ years of technical program management experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
• 7+ years of experience leading software development projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Expert at designing highly available and scalable distributed systems.
• A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, hardware budgeting, preferably in the eCommerce and compliance or regulatory space.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leadersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exceptional collaborative and relationship skills including the ability to discover the true constraints and underlying needs of a team.
• Exceptional technical analysis skills that lead to the recommending alternative technical and business approaches.
• Demonstrated experience at leading engineering efforts across multiple teams to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Capability to create and carry a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
• Identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming Management and Executive