AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Cloud computing services are in the process of disrupting the world's financial paradigms. Literally every business has a need to bill and collect from their customers. The AWS Commerce Platform enables customers to purchase AWS products and services, generating billions of dollars in revenue. Our teams provide customers with a world class customer experience around managing, paying and reporting on invoices and payments. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide, and contributing to the continued success and expansion of AWS.
You will lead projects that interface with many teams across AWS including Account Management, Payments, Billing, Tax, Financial, and Accounting groups. The role requires a talented TPM with strong technical and business skills with experience building platforms. As a TPM you will:
• Work closely with senior management, engineering management, and engineers to deliver highly-scalable and robust software products.
• Build consensus for product vision both internally and externally and evangelize that vision within the organization.
• Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to craft product specifications and design
• Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
• Drive projects, product, and feature launches with teams inside AmazonBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience working on a software development team (as a engineer, TPM or engineering manager) • Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. • Strong background in project/program management. • Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Strong technical and problem-solving skills. • Confident leader who can prioritize and analyze trade-offs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries. Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others. • Inquisitive with technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners. • Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. • Ability to apply critical thinking in complex situations; experience working in cross functional groups including mechanical Engineering, test, reliability, failure analysis. • Comfortable working on multiple programs at once.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field. • Experience with Scrum. • Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects and writing public technical specifications • Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systemsAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming