Amazon Web Services () is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at . computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking a talented, entrepreneurial-minded engineering leader to join us, growing our world-class teams and products as we continue to build on the Insights platform.
Insights team is at the forefront of growth. Our mission is to help customers understand and control their spending and the cost insights we bring to our customers daily accelerate confident adoption.
is the largest provider in the world, serving nearly a third of all internet traffic. Insights sit at the nexus of all services and interact directly with end-customers. Our vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of products. We build relationships with teams across to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers. Providing a platform to support ' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
Are you interested in leading complex, cross-organizational programs that build the very core of one of the largest platforms? Commerce Platform supports 200+ teams and services and our programs cut across the entire stack.
You will manage our portfolio of programs, which will require coordination across over a dozen engineering and business teams, and are large-impact projects with visibility to the highest levels of the company. You will need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, escalate effectively, and drive process and tooling improvements to drive greater transparency and efficiency.
You must have strong pathfinding skills, solid business judgment, and demonstrated experience influencing cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires significant technical background, and be customer-focused with a passion for the .
Inclusive Team Culture: Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance: Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
In this role you will
• Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including engineering, product management, UX and data science.
• Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps, and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
• Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and senior leadership.
• Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of applicable project management, similar business experience.
• Demonstrable experience developing and implementing process improvements.
• Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs and ability to set and hold teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority.
• Strong track record of successfully delivered programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in English.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's advanced degree
• Experience with Agile Development
• Experience with large billing e-commerce platforms including systems involving complex business logic
• Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
• Experience delivering products, managing budgets and rationalizing resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Management and Executive