Mobile shopping is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our team is responsible for delivering the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go using their favorite Android and iOS devices. We are passionate about building and shipping scalable and highly performant software to millions of customers worldwide, contributing to billions of dollars annually to Amazon's business. As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) on the team, you'll have big impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Amazon.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager to join the Mobile Release Engineering team. In this role, you will own the roadmap for improving the developer experience on mobile, automating app release activities, building a culture of experimentation through our Beta program, and drive cross-team initiatives to influence quality across hundreds of teams and thousands of developers. In this role, you will own schedules, setting priorities for the development team, negotiate with teams, and communicate with stakeholders and leadership. The ideal candidate combines technical depth, great communication skills, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems into simple ones. If you are passionate about empowering developers to move fast in mobile at Amazon scale, this is the role for you.
About the hiring team:
The Mobile Release Engineering team has for mandate to build and ship the Amazon app to millions of customers worldwide on a weekly basis, and build the infrastructure, engineering solutions, processes and tooling to make this easier, faster, and better.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+years' experience managing complex technology projects
• Prior experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience developing Internet products and technologies
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration.
• Experience with leading projects or programs delivering mobile products.
• Prior experience as a software developer.
• Ability and a track record delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.