Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Overview and Responsibilities:
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities include working with product management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional development teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong project manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator -- whether working with developers or providing updates to business leadership.
The ideal candidate is an influential technical leader with a knack for getting things done. Who is able separate what's important from what's urgent and find the best path forward from among multiple scenarios, earn the trust of stakeholders, and improve the efficiency of our cross-functional organization.
Salary Range: $112,500 - 187,900/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry.
• Experience in managing software development projects
• Experience coordinating cross-functional teams
• Experience building agile processes, project management, and managing release schedules
• Experience managing multiple, fast-paced initiatives
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field.
• All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Software and Programming