Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 402 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0S1, Amazon Development Centre Canada, ULC
Salary range: from $104,998 to $163,000 commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
This TPM II role's scope includes identifying and securing commitment from teams across the organization and in other organizations to drive towards shared goals; driving consensus on the right technical approach; setting milestones and leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong program manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator - whether working with developers or providing updates to leaders.
Key job responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and manage technical project and program development of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems, platforms, services, or technologies using Object Oriented coding and design (Java, C++, Perl, HTML) throughout the complete software development lifecycle, from design through release.
• Define projects, collect business requirements, and write functional and technical specifications.
• Drive software development efforts and manage priorities for project/program completion, including software application performance tuning.
• Create schedules, identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, define risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate appropriate software engineering solutions.
• Manage cross-functional teams and/or third party-vendors for implementation of project/program requirements. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and one year of experience in the job offered or as a Project Lead, Product Manager, Software Engineer, or a related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and five years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Master's degree and one year of experience.
• 5 years of experience working directly with engineering teams.
• 2 years of technical program management experience.
• 1 year of experience in software application performance tuning.
• 1 year of experience in Object Oriented coding and design using C++, C# or Java.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive