Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its global presence and the number of innovative services available for customer use. AWS adheres to multiple industry frameworks by strategically implementing new IT processes and product security features to accommodate the requirements and to expand our global customer base. If you're looking for an organization with unique, challenging problems to solve, this is the spot to be.
AWS is seeking an experienced, self-motivated security program manager who possesses a unique balance of Security & Compliance depth and strong interpersonal skills to join our Security Assurance Team. The successful candidate will manage technical projects to perform deep-dives into AWS security controls and lead implementations in support of a comprehensive control monitoring strategy. This candidate will identify, mitigate and eliminate security and certification gaps through strategic influence, technical leadership, collaboration, and management of change with partners across AWS.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Computer Science (or related field), and minimum 3 years' experience in information security and industry or government certifications, or 10 years equivalent industry experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of compliance efforts (NIST, PCI, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years of experience in managing and/or development of automation tools.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Background in information security and compliance.
• Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Have experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency.
• Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Proven ability to succeed in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills.
• Relevant certification(s) such as CISSP, CEH, GIAC, etc.
• Experience with monitoring security controls supporting a comprehensive compliance program and a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive