IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Technical Product Owner to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Set ambitious and clear product vision in collaboration with key stakeholders and the delivery team and communicate it effectively to ensure alignment across the program
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to consult and inform product direction and ensure development is aligned with product vision
- Effectively steward delivery by adopting and continuously improving Agile practices and iterating on the team process to match the evolving organizational context and technology landscape
- Engage with a diverse group of end users such as data scientists, data engineers, application developers and operations team members facilitating requirements gathering and prioritization
- Work closely with platform power users to identify their needs in the area of streamlined access to data and self-service analytics and translate them into platform requirements
- Ensure customer-driven platform design working closely with UX designers to map out user journeys and jobs-to-be-done, considering user pain points & usability test results and establishing an effective feedback mechanism to ensure end-user satisfaction
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Work with Technical Leads and Architects to ensure solutions are scalable, modular and operationally mature
- Collaborate closely with a product management community of practice to share knowledge and elevate product practices across teams
Top Skills Required
- 6+ years of experience in a technical or a Product Owner role
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a timely manner.
- Experience leading large software projects with a variety of stakeholders in all areas of the technical spectrum.
- Experience in balancing requirements across multiple Agile development teams.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with highly technical end-users
- Deep understanding of big data, machine learning, business intelligence, data analytics and advanced visualizations is highly desirable
- Ability to maintain awareness and knowledge of relevant technology stack and participate in technical design discussions and solutioning
- Passion for creating amazing developer and data scientist experiences
- Critical thinker with a passion to challenge status quo, find new solutions, and drive out-of-the-box ideas
- Previous experience with enterprise data platforms and APIs would be an asset
- Mining industry experience would be an asset
- A valid driver's licence might be required
- Ability to travel 5% of the time
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.