Requisition ID: 131946
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Technical Product Manager for DevOps Products within Scotia Digital Engineering, your primary responsibility is for planning and adoption of the DevOps Technology products. This includes managing the technology product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver technology products that enable success for digital solutions. Leveraging your ability to understand and articulate DevSecOps trends and needs for modern applications at Scotia Digital and Scotiabank, you will work with Digital Product Managers, Business Operations, Engineering, Technology Operations, and business technology solutions teams to create effective technology products related to enabling DevOps.
The Technology Product Management team within Scotia Digital Engineering, is responsible for technology products that can be broadly reused across Scotia Digital and Scotiabank. Technology Products are digital platforms, services and frameworks, that provide solution teams with the capabilities they need to deliver digital solutions for Scotiabank's business products. These technology products include a modern Cloud and DevOps platform, along with digital capabilities in the domains of API, Events, Customer Authentication, Customer Notification, and Content Management. Is this role right for you?
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office
- Engage with engineering and architecture teams across Scotia Digital and Scotiabank to gather and prioritize product features
- Research and maintain good knowledge on DevOps, how a DevOps Framework is operated like a product in other large enterprises, and product offerings that would help to inform buy, build, partner decisioning
- Define the DevOps technology products strategy and roadmap
- Deliver a product backlog with well-defined and prioritized product features with corresponding justification (the what and the why)
- Lead the development of business cases to allocate required funding and time, with support from Scotia Digital Engineering and Scotia Digital Operations
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the technology product
- Organize and lead product demos to users and brief & train the Engagement Managers about the products they manage
- Conduct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of your respective area in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
- This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team.
What's in it for you?
- You have previous work experience in the use of DevOps at large enterprises to deliver business technology solutions
- You have previous work experience in product development and working with IT and business teams
- It's all in the details! You pay them close attention with an unshakeable focus on results
- You love to help others thrive, and work best in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- You are eager to share and learn, and realize that there's still lots to learn
- You are naturally enthusiastic and passionate about customer experiences, innovation and delivering software
- Keeping your audience top of mind, you're skilled at communicating information and ideas at the right time and with the right medium
- Since we have a large presence in Latin America, with Digital Factories in Peru, Colombia, Chile and Mexico, it would be an asset if you were bilingual in Spanish
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Technology, Finance
Information Technology Management and Executive