19609 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
PG Pulp (BC19) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. Technical Manager The Opportunity:
A key leadership opportunity exists at Canfor Pulp as a Technical Manager. The Role: Reporting to the Director of Technical Excellence Technical Manager:
- Develop processes and methodologies to achieve sustainable world class operation excellence within Canfor Pulp Group. Track Indicators and key initiatives for cost reduction, quality improvement, personnel engagement and productivity.
- Develop process engineering and process control groups to provide a continuous stream of technical and operational excellence within Canfor Pulp Group.
- Ensure mill operations have the right level of automation and ensure current automation processes work reliably and sustainable within Operating processes.
- Liaise with the Environmental Manager on environmental compliance programs in the areas of the mill establishing environmental departmental objectives, priorities and strategies.
- Liaise and support environmental and quality management systems for sustainable compliance, including training, data management, policies/procedures, reporting, and recordkeeping.
- Manage Central Lab personnel along with all Lab testing needed to ensure operational excellence. Establish frequency testing, priorities and strategy for Central Lab within mill operations group.
- Serve as liaison with all Mill Operations Areas to achieve optimal operations performance, while identifying opportunities to position Canfor Pulp as best in class in the industry.
- Key stakeholder for supporting Total Management System within Canfor Pulp Group, including periodic and regular Certification Audits.
- Provide Continuing Technical Sales Support, including trials and quality performance. Set priorities and guidelines for CPI.
- Align Technical Department consistently with mill operations and Canfor Pulp goals and objectives. Ensure Technical department is dynamic, team oriented, innovative and accountable for continuing mill operations support.
- Extensive Technical experience background pertaining to the Pulp & Paper Industry.
- Equipped with an Engineering Degree, you are a member of or eligible to register with APEGBC and have several years' broad-based experience.
- Must possess in-depth understanding of pulp and paper production and should have prior experience in Total Quality Management/Continuous Improvement or Lean manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in mill wide process/technical support group, emphasizing a team concept.
- Ability to motivate and work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to recognize performance deficiencies and implement or recommend methods of improvement.
- Demonstrated track record of performance in the areas of cost reduction, operational efficiency improvements, and manufacturing excellence.
- You will also possess excellent interpersonal and team building skills along with well-developed verbal, written, and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities with the flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions would also be considered assets.
#ind123 This position will close on November 15th, 2020. To be considered, please apply today.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Social Media, Quality Manager, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Quality