18013 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
PG Pulp (BC19) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. Technical Manager, Biofuel Development The Opportunity:
A key leadership opportunity exists at Canfor Pulp as a Technical Manager of Biofuel Development. The Role: Reporting to the General Manager of Biofuel Development Technical Manager - Biofuels Development:
- Strong broad technical expertise on various process technologies; experience in both pulp manufacturing processes and petrochemical/refining/SAGD processes is an asset.
- Experience with biofuel processing and/or manufacturing is also an asset.
- Provide design concepts, economic justifications, appropriation requests, impact studies and recommends suppliers and contractors for proposed projects.
- Direct engagement with Project Engineering Manager and consulting engineering firms to develop the project from feasibility through definition studies for the Licella Cat-HTR technology at the proposed pulp mill site in Prince George.
- Provides the technical expertise on design decisions for integration of the biofuel manufacturing process into existing pulp mill infrastructure.
- Develop and review output from computational modelling tools and approaches to improve biofuels research and development activities.
- Lead the technical development programs on a range of subjects relating to the de-risking of the technology with respect to the specific requirements of the Prince George pulp mills.
- Lead the development of product offtake alternatives.
- Provide the technical support to advance the pilot plant program and align verify the technical alignment of the program with the overall project objectives.
- Technical progress reporting to internal and external stakeholders including the Centree Management Committee.
- Supports the development of grant funding applications.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
- Engineering experience pertaining to the research, development and implementation of renewable energy and low carbon technology
- Equipped with an Engineering Degree, you are a member of or eligible to register with APEGBC and have several years' broad-based experience. Along with your awareness of new developments in Biofuels, Renewable energy and low-carbon solutions and strong project management skills, you have a proven track record in leadership including safety, environmental, business improvement and performance management.
- You will also possess excellent interpersonal and team building skills along with well-developed verbal, written, and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Best in class analytical and problem solving abilities with the flexibility to effectively respond to continually changing internal and external business conditions would also be considered assets.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Social Media, Temporary, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Contract