Requisition ID: 147378
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
The Global Marketing Technology (GMT) team within Scotia Digital Engineering is responsible for building, managing, and transforming digital marketing IT capabilities for Scotiabank. As the IT partner for digital marketing and eCommerce at Scotiabank, we equip our business partners with innovative and leading-edge digital technologies to perform creative marketing and advertising online. The most visible part of our portfolio is www.scotiabank.com, the primary website for Scotiabank that serves millions of customers every day. Our mission is to build an eCommerce platform for financial services that offers the best-in-class customer experience.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Live agile values and principles, enabling the best solutions in the current context
- Lead development of coding standards and unit testing approaches
- Lead technical software solution design for projects & initiatives
- Collaborate with other technical leads and technical architects to realize the technical vision and direction
- Work closely with architects and business system analysts to perform impact assessment and effort estimation for projects
- Be the expert in a technical domain and provide expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams to help solve complex issues
- Challenges status quo and creates new solutions following a continuous improvement mindset
- Understand how Scotiabank's risk appetite and risk-oriented culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- 2+ years hands-on front-end UI components software design & development experience using Adobe Experience Manager
- 2+ years hands-on experience developing accessibility compliant customer facing applications & experiences; expert in accessibility standards such as WCAG
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing, developing, and operationalizing Internet facing and customer facing web applications
- Experience applying micro-services/micro-front-ends design patterns to software design & development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills, with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors
- Bachelor or higher degree of education
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Cloud, Testing, Test Engineer, Front End, Web Design, Technology, Engineering, Creative