Requisition ID: 149144
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our Authentication Services team in Scotia Digital to help us build the next-gen Customer Authentication Services for Scotiabank. This is an exciting opportunity to start with us on a challenging journey in building a critical new Digital Identity platform for the bank.
As a Tech Lead of the team, you will participate in all aspects of the software delivery life cycle of one of the largest, cutting-edge Digital Identity and Access Management (IAM) services in Canada. You will steer a highly skilled professional team of engineers to deliver high-demand services like biometric (fingerprint/face-id) authentication, push notifications, and password-less authentication ... among others. You will not only get the opportunity to grow and learn from experts in security and IAM domains, but also to mentor growing developers to enhance your leadership skills.
If you are an experienced software engineer with a strong developer-focused mindset, a keen interest in authentication and security, and thrive in a fast-moving environment - this is the position for you! What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Participate in all aspects of an SDLC (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Production deployment and support).
- Develop software following sound software engineering principles in an agile (Scrum) process and lead design sessions and code/design reviews.
- Support enterprise-wide services including authentication, provisioning, federation, and directory platforms.
- Work collectively within a dynamic team to actively participate and lead configurations and support of IAM solution deployment in accordance with designs.
- Work with Scotiabank infrastructure teams to maintain and support infrastructure and services under management
- Lead root cause analysis to in-scope systems, identify improvements and drive to implementation.
- Develop operational plans, processes, and procedures to improve service delivery and resiliency
- Lead by example and mentor growing developers in the team.
- Support production issues and handle escalations during the day as well as off-hours.
What's in it for you?
- You've been either a team lead or a senior engineer in a large product team and seen how different components of a complex architecture come together to deliver a product.
- You are passionate about designing and developing highly available, reliable, and scalable enterprise systems.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Java and/or Node.js and experience in developing REST services.
- You are proficient in developing cloud-native applications in React or similar JS Frameworks.
- You have experience in Unit Testing, such as familiarity with JUnit/Jest, Mockito/Mocha etc.
- You are proficient in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.).
- You are passionate about open-source technologies or have evident experience with library contribution or developing shared components.
- You are an excellent communicator, planner and visioner, able to influence decision making across stakeholders.
- You have competency to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience.
- You can map and execute short- and long-term plans for the team.
- You love what you do but you are seeking a more challenging environment.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Work Location: Hybrid / Remote
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Testing, Cloud, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Software and Programming Engineering