Requisition ID: 149142
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Technical Lead, you are responsible for the technical vision and steering technical work in that direction over time. This position works closely with Developers, Team Leads, Software Architects, and Senior Development Managers to obtain the best quality outcomes following an agile perspective. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Live agile values and principles, enabling best solutions in the current context.
- Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide technical direction with team input and feedback.
- Assist in developing coding standards and testing approaches.
- Collaborate with the Software Architect to realize the technical vision and direction.
- Considered an expert in a technical domain, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
- Provides expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues.
- Capable of facilitating Agile ceremonies such as planning, grooming, retro, demo, and scrums.
- Be inclusive by inviting, maintaining and empowering our global development community through inner-source practices.
- Lead design, automation, testability of CI/CD components improvements to enhance team velocity.
- Contribute clean, tested, reusable and maintainable code to a shared codebase implementing solutions designed by the team.
- Encourages team code quality to be the best as possible and coaches teammates to acquire the best practices.
- Understand how Scotiabank's risk appetite and risk-oriented culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Ensures all activities conducted complies with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Challenges status quo and creates new solutions following a continuous improvement mindset.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of respective areas following: the Scotiabank Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations concerning operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What's in it for you?
- Object-Oriented Programming (5+ years of experience).
- Experience applying Design Patterns and Best Engineering Practices.
- Experience with TDD, ATDD, BDD or any other test practice.
- Experience with DevOps tools: Docker, Shell script, Jenkins, CI/CD.
- Experience working with Cloud Services: Azure, GCP, or AWS (3+ years of experience)
- Experience working any Database (5+ years of experience).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills, with the ability to build and foster relationships with business partners, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Maintain continuous improvement behaviour and commitment to expand set of skills.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Investment Banking, Web Design, Testing, Banking, Engineering, Finance, Creative, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Engineering