Better together. Join us on our quest to build a better pizza and a brighter future through everyday acts of goodness.
We are rewriting our entire software technology stack. If this is a type of project that excites you and you have the passion and desire to be at the core of the action, then we want you on our team. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience and contribute your ideas to our new design.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to our full-stack software development team. You will also have an opportunity to contribute to software design and hands-on development in the leading-edge technology stack.
Our ideal candidate will have the technical and entrepreneurial spirit and a get-it-done right attitude. We are looking for someone who is open-minded and innovative, as well as reliable, hard-working and team-oriented!
- Technical leadership including mentoring, collaboration and ensuring quality standards
- Detail design including integration, design patterns, refactoring, performance optimization and documentation
- Java enterprise web application development using micro-services and event-driven architecture, Tomcat, AWS Lambda, No-SQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, advanced design patterns and frameworks
- Software development tools including IntelliJ, Git, Gradle, Jira, TeamCity, Artifactory
- Flexible approach and the ability to work on various operating system platforms and development environments
- Solid understanding of high-performance scalable systems
- Agile and iterative development methodologies
- AWS or other cloud experience including Terraform/Cloud Formation would be an asset
- Product testing strategies including automation, performance and functional testing
DESIRABLE EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a variety of software development aspects
- Excellent language as well as business and technical communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks fast and with high quality
- Competitive salary and vacation benefits
- A company that has sustainability as one of its core values
- Corporate support for community volunteering during work hours
- Employee referral bonus program
- Learning opportunities including support for training, self-development and well-being
- Support for the work-life balance including a flexible schedule
- A personal pizza allowance to share the pizza love with your friends and family
- This position is located at our New Westminster regional office (next to the New Westminster SkyTrain Station) and travel is sometimes required to our head office in Abbotsford
- Due to COVID-19, this position is a blend of remote and in-office until further notice
Software and Programming Information Technology Quality Assurance