We’re still a small squad and we need to jump around between different areas over the various stages of a project. Your role during pre-production could look quite different by the time we’re on the home stretch before a release, so we’re looking for someone whose Mojo is well suited to that.
This position will have you creating stadiums (and their surrounding environments) for a large multi-platform sports title.
Let us know how your experience relates to the qualifications below.
- Strong technical & architectural modelling skills
- Proficiency in 3D content creation software
- Comfortable working with complex scenes and complex workflows
- Comfortable debugging and optimizing game assets
- Proficiency with Max, Photoshop, and/or Substance Painter
- Experience creating environment assets in game pipelines
- Familiarity with PBR material/lighting workflows
- Experience with particle effects or other VFX
- Additional 3D skills; e.g. organic modeling, characters, animation
- Scripting and/or plug-in development experience (Max and/or Maya)
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we’re looking for:
- Passion. You love to play games as much as you love to make them and you continually seek to hone your craft.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it’s time to get ‘er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It’s just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you’ve started in the past (work or school) got finished, and got finished properly…and it had a lot to do with you.
- A sense of humor. At least enough that you can tolerate our dumb jokes.
- Willingness to relocate to Victoria if it’s not already your home. It’s awesome here.
We’re looking for the right personality as much as (actually probably more than) the right skill set, and are open to different levels of experience/seniority.
Posted: November 23, 2018
Closes: January 22, 2019