Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and helping explain a great product? Know how to play matchmaker between product and customer needs? Excited to get your feet wet in a growing tech company? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience—and that’s where you come in.
You’ll work directly with our clients; speaking with potential customers before they’ve chosen us, helping them get setup on the platform ready to launch to the world, and supporting them as they grow their business through education. As a first point of contact on email and phone, you'll be answering questions, giving advice, solving problems using your technical know-how and helping our customers build successful online businesses. As a Technical Champion, you’ll triage our most technical and complex customer questions and answer them by investigating, testing, logging bugs and working directly with our developers. At Thinkific you’ll be part of a collaborative, passionate and insanely helpful team that provides the best support in the industry!
Some of your typical responsibilities might look like:
- You’ll be talking to customers over email, phone, live chat and video screen shares
- You'll be supporting customers at different stages of the customer journey from jumping on calls with prospects to discuss their needs, to helping customers launch their courses, to coaching customers close to churning
- You’ll help triage our Tier II queue which includes technical questions, complex problems, troubleshooting help, platform bugs and high maintenance customer requests
- You’ll get to work with our developers to get customers answers to technical questions, and assist them in understanding bugs
- You’ll be the main point of contact for Support Champions, Account Managers and Sales when it comes to technical questions and issues
- You’ll keep track and report on open bugs that the Support Team needs to be aware of, plus report them to developers and product managers to be queued for investigations and fixes
- You’ll be involved in the QA of new features as they are released and work closely with our product team
- You’ll answer the support and sales phone line for a full day once per week, and jump on weekend support once a month, getting a day off in lieu the preceding or following week!
Here are the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You have at least 2+ years online customer support experience (bonus points for past SaaS tech support experience)
- You enjoy a challenge and have experience troubleshooting software-related issues across common browsers
- You’re a problem solver at heart and you love to deep dive to investigate an issue or solution
- You have an extreme attention to detail
- You're confident in your HTML and CSS knowledge (and get a kick out of helping to identify and solve new problems)
- You've rarely run into a roadblock you can't creatively get around (and whenever you need it, you're humble enough to ask for help)
- Speaking with customers on the phone is your bread and butter
- You have stellar communication skills both verbal and written, but know it's equally important to listen and understand your customers
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- You are fanatical about customer success—you aren't afraid to jump on a call or go above and beyond to create an amazing customer experience. We take customer success really seriously. Everyone at Thinkific should know our platform inside out and be ready to identify and recommend the right solutions as the situation arises. Even our CEO jumps into the ticket queue!
- You have experience supporting customers in the decision-making process by identifying and delivering the right solution based on their individual needs
- You know the importance of building trust and confidence with leads and customers alike
- You have a flair for translating product features into tangible benefits for customers
- You're passionate about online education, digital marketing, and small business (or all of the above!)
- You’ve taken a variety of online courses on different platforms
- You have experience teaching, mentoring or coaching in-person or online
- You’ve created external documentation for a help center before
What you’ll get out of this role:
- Access to a diverse customer base where the problems and people are always different: one day you can have a yoga instructor emailing you from the beach, the next you might be speaking with an executive from the boardroom
- Advancement and growth. We’re going places and taking you with us for the ride! We like to promote from within and we do it often
- Experience in a sales and customer-focused environment, where everyone is responsible for the growth of the company
- There’s an opportunity for flexible hours for this specific role that can include evening or weekend hours to suit your schedule
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fueled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented engineers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!