Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
Are you a current Power Systems Technician who is looking to leave the shop floor/service truck and advance to the next stage of your career? The Technical Services team is currently looking for an experienced Power Systems Technician who is ready to lay down their tools and start leveraging their technical expertise and experience related to Caterpillar Products to support our expanding business.
At Finning we invest in our people and want everyone to succeed. We leverage from experts within the industry, share knowledge and help others learn. This critical role provides technical support to our on-the-ground Power Systems Technician's to efficiently troubleshoot and repair customer equipment and act as the Finning liaison between Dealership personnel and various engineering groups at Caterpillar.
We understand that Shifting career gears can be an intimidating process, but in this role the successful candidate's mind will still stay connected to their familiar area of expertise, but without the physicality of the work. You will work in an office atmosphere for a company that values a safe work environment- and night shifts are not required!
Based out of Surrey, BC you will be joining a dedicated team of 5 that have over 100 years of combined mechanical experience, and over 40 years of technical services (TC) experience in assisting technicians within all of Finning Canada's territory.
Are you up for the challenge? Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Provide technical support to technicians in the field and in service shops to efficiently troubleshoot and repair customer equipment through Technical Communicators group experience and the Dealer Solution Network for New Product Problems
- Define, manage and resolve product health problems with the assistance of Caterpillar in support of Finning customers through the Operations and Sales departments
- Provide strategic and technical support to service departments and marketing managers in the implementation of Product Improvement and Product Support Programs from manufacturers
- Perform failure analysis and investigate root causes of failure to drive product improvement and assist in design validation
- Maintain Product Problem Management input for product problems with known and unknown solutions
- Partner with Caterpillar in product problem determination and resolution
- Manage response times to minimize commercial impact of issues
- Manage field-follow units and test iron data collection for Caterpillar
- Work with the Technical Support team to resolve product health issues and implement Product Improvement Programs (PIP's) in a timely fashion
- Maintain ownership of Product Problem Management and continue to provide input
- Represents the company in an ethical and professional manner and maintains confidentiality
Education & Experience:
- Excellent presentation skills
- Solid understanding of customer service
- Superior mechanical aptitude coupled with exceptional troubleshooting ability
- Time management, prioritization and independent problem solving
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Concise, clear written and verbal communication that adapts to specific audiences
- Caterpillar systems operation and design
- Solid understanding of CAT applications and the potential for affecting product health
- Understanding of relationship between product health and commercial impact
- Knowledge of Cat computer systems and MS Office Suite applications
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- 5 to 10 years of service experience, Field Service experience is a definite asset
- Solid understanding of CAT product and working environment
- Strong knowledge of Caterpillar electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and engine systems-operation and design
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Posted: December 11, 2018
Closes: February 9, 2019