This position is responsible for providing technical oversight on a portfolio of services
Ministry of Citizens' Services
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 4 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement. Technical Architect
$75,552.53 - $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Hosting Services Branch delivers server, storage/backup, and data centre networking services. Through our contracted service provider, we deliver services to the entire BC Public Service and several Broader Public Service organizations.
The Technical Architect is part of the Technical Stewardship team that designs new data centre services provided to all Ministries across government and the Broader Public Sector (BPS). This position is responsible for providing technical oversight on a portfolio of services and can contribute to the evolution of the entire portfolio of existing hosting services. Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in computer science or in a related field and a minimum of 3 years *related experience in Information Technology; OR
• Diploma in computer science or a related field and a minimum of 5 years *related experience in Information Technology; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
• Experience providing leadership to highly trained and qualified staff and/or consultants.
• Experience conducting technical feasibility analysis and/or developing technology plans and strategies.
• Experience implementing solutions using standard lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc).
• Experience providing a significant focus on customer experience and customer service.
• Demonstrated experience in assessing customer requirements, developing and implementing technical and business solutions. *Related experience in Information Technology includes 1 or more of the following:
• Data centre infrastructure such as physical or virtual servers, networks or storage systems
• Experience with network services such as Load Balancing, Proxy, Firewall, and/or IDS/IPS
• Private cloud container infrastructure such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
For more information and to apply online by March 28, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/96730 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level