Technical Account Manager
Reference ID: 592321
Would you like to join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we're looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to support our customers' creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Compute, Storage, Database, Data Analytics, Application-level services, Networking, Serverless and more. This is not a sales role, but rather an opportunity to be the principal technical advisor and 'voice of the customer' to organizations ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises.
As a Sr. TAM, you will help craft and execute strategies to drive customer adoption and use of AWS services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS databases, Lambda, Cloud Front CDN, IoT and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS within a customer's environment, and drive discussions with senior leadership regarding incidents, trade-offs and risk management. You will provide advocacy and strategic technical direction to help plan and build solutions using standard methodologies, and enthusiastically keep your customers' AWS environments operationally healthy. The close relationships developed with your customers will empower you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS.
We are seeking individuals with strong backgrounds in I.T. operations and related areas such as Linux/Windows systems administration, DevOps, Data Analytics and more. The Sr. TAM is our centerpiece of value to our Enterprise Support customers, so if you wish to be at the forefront of innovation, come join us!
• 7+ years of hands-on Infrastructure / Troubleshooting / Systems Administration / Networking / DevOps / Applications Development experience in a distributed systems environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or equivalent work experience
• Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Design or Development, Content Distribution/CDN, Scripting/Automation, Database Architecture, IP Networking, IT Security, BigData/Hadoop/Spark, Operations Management, Service Oriented Architecture
• Ability to travel 10-25% as needed
• External enterprise customer-facing experience as a technical lead, with strong oral and written communication skills, presenting to both large and small audiences
• Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019