Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies. Join our team
At TELUS, we're looking for bright people who like solving problems. As part of the National and Commercial Installation Team, you will tackle all kinds of challenges. We're just as passionate about our team as we are about our customers and share an unyielding dedication to ensuring success for all. As we grow, we continually strive to improve - and we are seeking an extraordinary Commercial Installation Team Manager to support our journey to becoming the best Smart Security & Automation company in Canada. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
You will be the leader of a team of talented and dedicated staff from coordinators to full time technicians and Sub-Contractors in order to coordinate and manage the successful completion of moderate to complex National and Commercial contracts within the budgeted timeframe and cost. Here is how
• Reporting to the Director, Customer Solution Delivery, the Commercial Installation Team Manager role will be responsible for the supervision, scheduling, and coordination of Commercial Installation activities in the assigned region(s)
• This position will be responsible for constantly improving the level of service provided to TCSS's internal and external customer base by delivering to the goals set forth by the organization.
• Supporting an engaged, energized and inclusive team that gives their best to commercial and national account customers.
• Mentor and motivate direct reports to improve effectiveness and to address performance gaps
• You provide team members with a clear sense of direction and an understanding of their respective responsibilities, and by encouraging open discussion of ideas, issues, and competing viewpoints to resolve project related issues
• You are able to recognize risk and assess the associated impacts
• Ensure all financial and operational targets are met.
• Approve technician timesheets, expense reports and other related documents.
• Other duties, as assigned Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• You have 5-7 years' experience in the security industry or field related work within the commercial market leading a team
• You have effective use of computer software and job management software
• You're a self-starter, quick learner, self-directed, and able to work with minimal guidance
• Strong ability to manage changing priorities and tight deadlines effectively in a very fast paced environment; ability to navigate ambiguity, and simplify complex situation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both business and technical situations and the ability to cater the conversation to many different audiences.
• Proven conflict resolution skills and people development. Great-to-haves
• 5+ years people leadership experience
• Familiarity or experience with TELUS core products and solutions
• Diploma/Degree in Management/Business or related Technology (or equivalent experience)
• Technical training on our core products or direct installation experience A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly. We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
Customer Service and Support