Team Lead Technical SupportRole Description
Kal Tire is looking to hire a Team Lead for the IS department. It is a critical position as the Team Lead, Technical Support is a technical leadership role in the Kal Tire Information Systems Department (IS). The Team Lead is responsible for managing and coaching our team of technical support analysts that perform support for a wide variety of software and hardware technology solutions. This is a hands-on technical role that requires an understanding of the Kal Tire business practices and how our global team members use the technology solutions that this team supports. The Team Lead also represents the Technical Support team in forums such as projects, planning sessions, change board and leadership meetings.
We are looking for someone to relocate to Vernon, BC. If the person is unable to relocate, then they must be wiling to travel to Vernon B.C once a month.Responsibilities
• Leads the team in providing a high level of employee engagement, and productivity with focus on minimizing down time and improving quality service.
• Proficient at team building and team motivation to inspire team members to perform at a high level
• Monitor and recommend advancement in team member career progression.
• Assist in the recruiting, hiring, and training of Team Members.
• Liaise with other IS teams to coordinate interdependencies and improve processes.
• Acts as champion and spokesperson for team success, challenges, and opportunities to improve
• Manages the day-to-day work and priorities for the Technical Support Team and understands the importance of amazing customer service and meeting committed deadlines
• Trains Technical Support team members and ensure compliance with IS processes such as Incident, Change, Problem, and Release management
• Proficiency in defining, building, and reporting on key team performance measurements Business Acumen
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with Kal Tire all business groups.
• Proactively engages with all business units and team members to understand the role they have within Kal Tire and how they use the solutions supported by the Technical Support team.
• Engages with business units to solicit feedback for opportunities for improvementTechnology
• Uses Microsoft Endpoint and Configuration Manager to manage and push software to devices.
• Updates and administers Citrix Cloud Virtual Desktop OS and Application layers
• Installs and troubleshoots hardware such as workstations, smartphones, handhelds, and multi-function devices
• Installs and troubleshoots software such as Windows 10, Office 365 and an assortment of other business applications
• Configures and supports hybrid identity and hybrid device connectivity including working with Active Directory and Microsoft Azure.
• Creates and maintains complicated PowerShell scripts
• Identifies opportunities to reduce workload and improve team member satisfaction by contributing to self-service and automation initiatives
• Working with vendors to manage voice telephony systems including installation of smaller branch VoIP or PBX solutions, adds/moves/changes on Cisco Call Manager, SBC, and Microsoft Teams.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to parse out the technical and understand the needs of team members seeking assistance.
• Critical thinker with good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to identify and manage changing priorities.
• Proficiency in providing and measuring exceptional Customer Service experience and Managing teams and vendors.Work Experience
• A minimum of 5 years' IT experience, and a proven ability to build and lead a team of technology professionals.
• Minimum 7 years of experience supporting and using Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, and other hardware and software solutionsEducation
• Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Special Requirements
• Ability to participate in on-call after hours support rotation.
• Occasional travel to company locations for work or training purposes.
• Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
• Must have own transportation and a valid BC driver's license.About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.