Hyperwallet is a rapidly growing international mass payment provider, and a recognized industry innovation leader. We provide efficient, quick and cost-effective payment solutions for a wide-range of companies, touching millions of payees. Hyperwallet is seeking a hands-on individual to join our compliance team responsible for the Know Your Customer (KYC) and onboarding of our global customers.
We're looking for an extraordinary candidate who will be responsible for managing a team of fraud risk analyst responsible for risk monitoring, fraud investigating, and reviewing transaction activity on our customers.
This role will be located in our Vancouver, BC office and will report to the Director, FIU.
- Provide guidance to a team of fraud risk analysts responsible for monitoring and investigating transaction activities using internal and external risk monitoring tools
- Serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point to trouble shoot issues or challenges as they come up
- Toggle between leading and doing as the workload requires
- Responsible for designing, building, and documenting the Fraud Risk management program and would include creating reporting metrics and dashboard.
- Regularly assess rule engine effectiveness and recommend improvements to create ongoing effective results
- Successfully communicate, either verbally or electronically, requests for additional supporting information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to think creatively to efficiently resolve issues facing customer in a seamless way
- Ensure that efficient and quality services are delivered to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed agreed service standards
- Maintain positive and constructive working relationships with various teams to include relationship management, AML Compliance, Customer Support and Financial Partners
- Identify opportunities for streamlining tasks and processes that would include communicating with both internal and external developer resources
- Set growth objectives and provide constructive feedback to team of fraud risk analysts
- Perform other risk related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in specific fraud / risk management preferably in banking, financial services or card processing environments
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or a related field is a plus.
- Professional designations or certifications in fraud management is a plus, e.g. CFE
- Previous management experience or progressive growth demonstrated in current role preferred
- Ability to work on various projects with an ability to lead thru change.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on additional projects and tackle other critical initiatives to move our company forward
- Strong research, processing, and analytical skills with ability to analyze data and disposition appropriately.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Desire to work within a fast-paced environment in the payments industry.
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn.
- Excellent and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills with both internal and external constituents.
Posted: December 11, 2018
Closes: February 9, 2019