Have you successfully mastered many facets of the digital marketing space throughout your career and are excited to take that next big step? Do you understand the power of a strong brand and even stronger messaging? Can you take that vision, empower your team, and turn it into something incredible?
For you, it’s not just about selling a product, but also telling a compelling story that does justice to the people behind it. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Team Lead, Conversion Marketing at Thinkific, you’ll help guide and scale a team of marketers responsible for turning leads and free signups into successful, paying customers. You’ll be responsible for both high-level strategy and direction of day-to-day execution of marketing initiatives at a fast-growing tech company (with a healthy amount of your time spent sleeves-rolled-up on execution, too)!
Some of your typical responsibilities might look like:
- Building out and communicating quarterly marketing plans and targets that align with overarching company targets and goals
- Managing and supporting teams in the areas of product marketing, funnel marketing, and customer success
- Using your understanding of the customer journey to frame targeted experiments, strategy and goals, and to guide data-driven marketing execution
- Overseeing how the whole funnel connects—owning tools for email, landing pages, etc.—to ensure that potential customers are choosing Thinkific
- Contributing to and directing campaigns and evergreen work—things like emails, testing different parts of the funnel, one-off webinars, feature launches, etc. that push potential customers through the funnel
- Working closely with our Support, Sales and Product teams to align on and achieve company goals
- Becoming intimately familiar with our ideal buyers, and crafting personalized campaigns to attract new users based on their needs. You really understand how to speak to our customers in order to showcase the value that Thinkific provides. You also know how to help mentor junior marketers in crafting customer centric campaigns and content.
- Acting as a mentor to other team members, ensuring they’re equipped with everything they need to do their best work
- Fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the marketing team
Here are the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You have 5+ years marketing experience.
- You have directly led a team in the past.
- You have experience building and optimizing a customer journey funnel, and using email/marketing automation platforms.
- You have a proven ability to operate as a full-stack technical marketer.
- You have the eagerness to thrive in a fast-paced environment (with past startup experience to prove it).
- You have the capacity to lead the charge on growth experiments, and be conversion/data driven.
- You have an aptitude for teaching and helping others—you’ll be trusted to provide guidance not only to the marketing team but often to team members in other departments as well.
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- You have experience specifically leading a B2(small)B SaaS marketing team.
- You’ve successfully building quarterly marketing plans and helped your team achieve growth targets.
- You’re a strategic thinker through and through.
- You’ve used Customer Journey Mapping extensively to guide marketing strategy, goals and decision making.
- You’ve planned and executed product marketing campaigns.
- The demonstrated ability to utilize storytelling to engage and convert users. You are comfortable at building compelling and effective copy.
- You’re proud of past wins improving conversion throughout a funnel.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline (or equivalent experience—we will also consider less formally experienced applicants that still demonstrate a strong grasp of marketing, have past work to show and are eager to grow quickly).
- You are passionate about digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers ;)
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fueled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we’ve flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented engineers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you’re beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!